May 26, 2009

SAKIZOME PURSE

This is the first time I used these fabulous Japanese "sakizome" yarn dyed fabrics for a project. I like these fabrics so much that I couldn't get myself to use them for something until now. I always admired these "sakizome" fabrics that were used in the Japanese patchwork magazines, but it took a while for me to get some.
I didn't add this purse to my Etsy shop for the time being, but it's possible to buy it through this blog. If you like it, the price will be $28 and all you have to do to get it is just to contact me at incigungor3@yahoo.com.



3 comments:

  1. Another lover of this fab is the gal leaving this comment:) It's a special japanese cotton fabric made from threads whose using only natural plant and flowers. What way did you buy this fabric? Order online?

    What an appreciation of japanese traditional way of living with a craft as beautiful as this purse made out from your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them as a gift from a Japanese friend, that's it. I'm lucky! :) I don't know any site you can buy them online right now. At least there is no one who's selling them on Etsy. But you can find anything Japanese "cute=kawaii" on Etsy! :)

    ReplyDelete